View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Muffler way too low

Originally Posted by HBfisherman View Post
Well I mocked up the motor last night too see how im going to tackle the front motor mount and I noticed that when I put everything together the muffler is waaaay to low. If I ride over a speed bump it will hit. Is it normal to get a muffler this big, I ordered a Flying Horse kit from BikeBerry. It is literally about 2 1/2 inchs off the ground. What do you suggest I do, other then having to buy a new muffler that go all the way to the back (I think those mufflers make the bike look they are trying too hard to fit into the motorcycle world).

Sorry about the iPhone pics!
You might try a * poo-poo * brings it out further along the frame and away from your foot....numerous vendors here in the forum supply them....I plan on getting one they just look darn cool !....or you can utilize one of Jim's ( Creative Engineering....Manic Mechanic ) motor allows you to place your motor in an upright position......thus giving you at least two to three inches of clearance for your muffler well as using his billet intake pipe....a clear shot to the barrel....your frame is an ideal candidate for Jim's parts.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg poo-poo pipe.jpg (20.8 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by Salty Gator; 02-05-2010 at 01:21 PM.