View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 02:35 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: At a Crossroads...

Originally Posted by Techbiker View Post
Thanks for the replies. The reason why I would go with a 34t sprocket probably is because Andyinchville sells those for $25 versus $38 for the rest. I am using his special sprocket because I have one of his Top Hat adapters.

Should I go with a SBP Tuned Pipe instead of a CNS carburetor? Then should I start working on a new bike? The reason why I doubt the reliability of this 2 stroke is because it makes some strange noises and because I have heard that China Girls can be unreliable.

I'll make sure that the motor stays upright. Hopefully the correct length of chain will fix this.
Should I do the following in this order? What's your opinion?:

a. fix chain length, fix motor lean
b. install SBP tuned pipe and sand intake/ exhaust?
c. fix carburetor clearance problem
d. sell bike and work on new frame?

Thanks again.
These 2-Stroke motors make quite a bit of noise at first,once they are fully broken in the noise will quite down a bit..

For your safety,the main concern here is you need to mount the motor solid against the frame.If you can't,a cheap and easy fix would be to find a used bike with more clearance room to solve many problems.Check your local thrift stores for used bikes.

I don't really suggest upgrading and selling your first new build until it is reliable..Once you get the motor mounted against your bike strong and solid then bring in the upgrades!

Last edited by AaronF; 02-03-2010 at 02:38 AM.