View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: Yeah Baby! Got that motor runnin!

That back sprocket was a total PITA. I laid the wheel down on it's side, then set the sprocket on it. There were 2 sets of spokes side by side that aligned with 2 adjacent holes. I rotated, flipped, hopped on 1 foot, you name it but somehow got 8 of the 9 bolts through it and the 2 tire grommets. The last bolt would not go through unless I removed 2 spokes. I finally ended up drilling a new hole in the sprocket about a 1/4"-3/8" further out from the hole and bolted it together. I later measured the distance from the spokes to the sprocket at the bolt area. Make sure the distance is the same all the way around the sprocket and you'll be fine.

I put 18.5 miles on the bike this afternoon. I had a few issues with gas can I'm using (it needs a pin hole for ventilation) as I starved the engine for fuel a few times till I figured out the issue. Later I ran into rain, then ran out of gas, and finally overfilled the gas tank. Oh well... I had fun.
Brian in Everett, WA
BMW R1100RT, bunch of Hondas, Schwinn Sierra w/80-66 (Screamin Ninja Urban Assault Bike ;-) Iron Butt Association