Thread: Just Plain Oil
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Just Plain Oil

Here's what I figured would work with the Opti-2 or AMSOIL's Saber, if I did carry at least 2 gallons with me. At roughly 60 mpg the 200 gallons of gas/oil mix that 2 gallons makes would get me 12,000+ miles. I think that's not bad considering 2 gallons would only weigh around 10-12 pounds. Although that's at least a fifth of my weight load. Can only carry around 65-70 pounds in trailer. Will carry 4 gallons of gas/oil on the trailer in Rotopax 2-gallon containers which should weigh around 30 pounds, that only leaves me around 20 pounds for gear, tools, water, and food, maybe spare enigine???. But still a decent pack. At least the tent is built in, ha ha.

Thanks Pablo, about the AMSOIL and being able to go back and forth between the synthetic and non-synthetic. Actually I have been using Dominator!!! for awhile now with nothing but great results, especially when I run the engine hard in the hot sun. The Saber looks good, but you guys don't make a gallon size??? neither does Opti-2, though. I guess I'll have to weigh the idea of having an oil can to keep my stock in. Also I'll get back to you on you friend in Bolivia, I'll be coming through there on the way back.

Thanks everyone for you input, I can always tell it is a good discussion when just as many questions come up as answers. I'll be updating you guys on when my website comes up, I will be video blogging the entire trip.

Also I got CycleMotor shirts coming out on-line in the next few weeks, check them out...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CycleMotor-OldSchoolTee-SML.jpg (165.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg CycleMotor-MeMyBikeTheRoad-CycleMotorist-Sml.jpg (145.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg CycleMotor-CycleMotorUSATee-Sml.jpg (140.0 KB, 15 views)