Thread: New Guy
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
Default Re: New Guy

Originally Posted by hayneseeee View Post
I purchased a Grubee Skyhawk 66cc engine and a Micargi Pantera beach bike. It took awhile but the motor is mounted. I had to make a special mount for the front. I'm into the sprocket and the first time I assembled the chain touched the fat tire and fender.I'm getting ready to remount the sprocket after adding spacers but the brake arm does not reach the locking nut so I will have to rig something up. This my first time. Everyone tells me the seller should have supplied the right parts to put this together. My question is each step appears to be a small adventure. Is that normal ?
Welcome to the forum hayneseeee, glad you joined us.

I have built a few Pantera's. The Pantera's I built did not have fenders, but most bikes built with fenders may need the fender trimmed to clear the chain. Sometimes to clear the chain from the tire all it takes is to flip the sprocket over. Be sure to beef up the fender mounting brackets because they usually break.

It's impossible for these kits to fit every bike so you may have to do a few little things to get them to work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaa 011.jpg (232.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 042.jpg (298.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 016.jpg (312.5 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 052.jpg (230.9 KB, 23 views)