View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Finished install and bike won't move

Well the chain is on there but I can't push the lever in by hand and the sprocket won't move unless I crank it really hard with the spark plug socket from the drive shaft. I did something wrong with the back wheel assy too so can't get to it till this weekend. I think I didn't grind down the coaster brake dust guard and might not have tightened the bearings correctly. I'll check the clutch cable ties. I took the cover off to grind down the teeth on the sprocket with a dremel so the chain will run smoothly. The clutch came all intact but maybe when I took the cover off, I lost something? There is the post with the cut half cylinder in there but when it's in, I'm pretty sure it's flat against that metal piece coming from the center of the drive sprocket. It pulls out and a ball bearing is inside there. I've never worked on an engine before in my life other than oil changes and changing a battery so this is a learning exp...thanks for helping.

Did you try Super Freak? It was an offering at the GF was like Le Freak on steroids.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clutch_sideview.jpg (31.9 KB, 73 views)