Thread: 100:1 Mix
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 10:39 AM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: 100:1 Mix

Originally Posted by Vistaman73 View Post
So, let me get this straight. I have not started my bike yet, opening the box at christmas. What 2 stroke oil and at what ratio should I use for break-in? After how long should I switch to 100:1? And is it safe, seems like very little oil. Should I use opti -2 from the very first start? I need help with it, really want my engine to work right.
I can't tell you what you "should" do, but I can tell you what I do. I used to use Amsoil Sabre Professional whjich is very good stuff and switched over to Opti-2 which I like even better. I've run two new engines with it exclusively and with one ran from day one at 100-1 and the other ran a little richer at about 80-1 for no particular reason other than I wanted to see if there was a difference. I haven't noticed any. Use your own discretion with this. If you're more comfortable running a little richer to begin with, then it sure isn't going to hurt anything. Do not try this mix ratio with just any old 2 cycle oil, but follow the manufacturer's reccomendations. Opti-2 is special stuff and has it's own 'rules', you might say. As Mikey says, "Try it, you'll like it!"
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...