View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Arrow Re: Different Style Tanks?

Ok now we're talkin! I was wondering if a fiberglass tank would actually hold gas! not being a chemist, I wasn't sure if there would be any adverse reactions of the glass holding the gas? if a fiberglass tank is plausible, oh buddy just wait! I've spent 18+ years in the car audio industry as an installer. It got to a point, where ya couldn't stay on the cutting edge of install designs and ideas without it. A staple for any fabricator! I too was gonna build a tank "cover", got started with the begining of a jig, but then had other issues to resolve. It still hasn't left my mind though, as I too think that these kit tanks are just well kinda freakin stupid lookin!

Ok....check this out gang.......I'll do this for everybody, with pictures step by step for free ( but if everybody would like to make a donation to my BrettMavrik jackshaft fund that would be, to give those of you who aren't aware of these techniques, an idea of how to go about creating the tank you see but have just never seen. I should probably start a different thread though, as it will be a little lengthy......I'll call bout.....???......DIY.../...WATCH ME BUILD A TANK ???

Attached Images
File Type: jpg my cruiser.jpg (2.9 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg MockUp3.jpg (8.1 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg MockUp2.jpg (7.7 KB, 351 views)
File Type: jpg MockUp6.jpg (6.4 KB, 364 views)
"A man without a vision will soon perish"

Last edited by The Newbie!; 01-13-2010 at 09:31 AM.