View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 12:27 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Has anyone tried these thumb throttles?

Originally Posted by rotted View Post
nice.... im always scared my twist throttle will break and slide off causing me to crash when riding off road or in rough conditions, bumps, sudden stops, etc etc etc. grubee makes a flipper throttle but i have not found one for sale yet..... but yeah im considering purchasing the same type of throttle you did..... but one uestion.. with that throttle you have is it still possible to pull your brake lever until it bottoms out and touches the handle bar?? i brake brake cables otherwise.
With my setup (Cruiser Handlebars) I had to move the brake lever over quite far to the left of the handlebars to clear the throttle casing and using it as a E-Brake.You can shorten your handlebar grips (if need to be) for the room,I didn't because it wouldn't match up with the other side..

If you decide to use the stock metal tenisoner fitting that goes into the throttle you will mostly likely have to make a modification to fit properly into the throttle housing.Other than that..It fits nice,looks good and is a great upgrade to any motorized bicycle if that is your choice of throttle