View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: anyone ever installed pull start?

My engine came with a pullstart and centrifugal clutch. Instead of me buying a wide peddal kit ,I replaced my 8" peddal arms with 5" peddal arms from a exercise bike(but ones from a 20" kids bike might work) and i mounted my engine higher so my peddals will clear the sides of the engine. i had to make a custom front mount(i used a metal braket from a exercise bike). The rope on my pull start works fine(had it for a year),but i had a small metal clip inside the pullstart break,but i took it apart and used a small piece of wire to replace it and it works now,almost as good as lucky it still works and is easy to fix cause there hard to find right now,but i also have the option to peddal start the bike if i need to.

if i had to buy a engine kit again i would have got a regular one cause it would have been easier to install on the bike and i always pull in my clutch when i stop anyway even thou i have a centrifugal clutch too. if anyone gets a pullstart i would reccomend you get a wide peddal kit,its easier in the long run. having the pullstart and centrifugal clutch adds around a 1 1/2" on each side of the engine.

Last edited by Cabinfever1977; 12-13-2009 at 03:43 PM.