View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Past the power curve ?

First let me apologize for my spelling errors. hard enough to get your thoughts across without all the mispelled words! I found a problem that may not be that unusual but caught me. Even after trying rejetting with no noticeable change, I got to thinking about what else could be at falt. New motor and all I new it probably won"t run as well as a well broke in engine, but I knew something was definately wrong. Still surging at cruise speed. Pulled bike into the shop and sat there just reving it a few times when I saw the carb moving! Intake bolts were loose. Funny cause they were tighten with wrench yesterday. Come to find out, factory installed acorn nuts were bottomed out on studs. felt tight but no pressure on intake it was wiggling and allowing intake to leak.any one seen this one before? for such a simple engine, look for the simple problem! got rid of acorn nuts and put regular nuts with lock washers. anyway it runs much better now and i'm sure will run better as it breaks in more. I put original jet back in and will run it like this for awhile .thanks again for all help