View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Project 'Hippie Hater'

I seek a pinstriper like yours there was a guy " Von Dutch" who striped with his shakey hands and lived in a tore back old truck. His work was unparallelled.
I was thinking of a roller that is slender enough to roll the stripes on, they used to feature them a Orange County Crusiers Labor day event at the costamesa Fairgrounds I photographed ther from 1981 thru 2000 as I was the Real thing my whole life. I just now got a pr war frame to motorize as an afterthought to my Electric choppers. It is really expensive to start from scratch and pick out the vintage sized stuff.
Luckily I recieved all the real parts along with the frame after while loading my frame in my trunk the seller spotted a guitar I had in there a 1960s Suzuki violin co ltd that is a gorgeous laminated Classic spanish styled guitar sold to Viet Nam soldgers on leave for two weeks in tokio. sent home to claim after touring Nam. the one I had was trashed after the mother of the buyer died he died in Nam and she had it unstung in her closet for over 40 years. just another unused item that was discarded when the tennant dies. that sucker pought me a new seat a springer a set ot huge handlebars and a pair pf Phantom fenders. I'd say the parts are Collecter approved. this guy is switching over to Fixie bikes that are the rage these days he had a similar framed bike sitting ther that I laid my frame up to for comparison. it is a real early bike a first year production Balloon tire Schwinn. dated 01/22/34