View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Another Build from an abandon in the park bike

Moyman - I need to get back to that project, I never finished it. Well I got it running and then put it aside, the place I was going to get the ammo can was out of them when I went back, so I need to go to another place I know of, but it is a ways from the house.
I got the side off the flywheel today and, you guessed it the cut out is not done well. It is sand cast Iron and the plug is getting old so the fit is poor and has shifted. I took it over to my drill press and put a broken drill I made into a cutter and cleaned it up, but I cant do anything about the shift. Ill try and get a pic up to see. I wont be able to use just sealer on the cases, without the gasket it holds the crank bearings so tight it wont move. I will get the other wheel off the crank and see what it looks like, there is no consistency from one side to the other. Have fun, Dave

PS: The wheel is inside the case to show how close it is, you can see the shift to the right. And the crank do you think the holes for the screw's look to one side?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crank weights.jpg (629.6 KB, 25 views)
Its just a job. (Link) My shop is in the lower R/H corner.