Thread: Hello from DC
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 07:20 PM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: Hello from DC

It sounds like you have a good idea of what you want. I agree that a cruiser is a good choice for a motorbicycle. I've read a lot of positive comments regarding the Schwinn 7 speed, steel framed Jaguar. It sure looks nice and at $150.00 new I think its a good value. Having gears is sure nice when you do need to pedal and just want to. My single speed cruisers are beasts to peddle any distance. Some of the walmart and Kmart bikes are cheap to buy, but may not be as well put together as the Schwinn Jaguar. Also, the Manic Mechanic has everything you need for a really slick install. I've ordered a rear hub adapter and sprocket and think it will make the worst and most problematic part of putting a kit together a thing of the past. My cruisers are old, but if I were buying new for a customer, I think it would be that Jag.
The EZmotors setup is sweet. I'd love to have one when cash permits. The EZmotor requires more in frame room, so it is wise to know what you want for a power unit and then check to be sure it will fit the bike. There are a number of members have done Jag builds and no doubt others here who have used the bikes you've mentioned. So, don't be afraid to ask anything.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...