View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Regional MB Get togethers

yea what a great time we had in decatur...if you get a chance go to a rally! this is something one can't quite explain untill your on the road with a hoard of like minded mber's cruzzing the backroads.
first plan more then one trip for the season (that way everyone has a chance to show)and have some rain dates preplaned. if your trying to get people in from more then a hundred miles out ,have some camping set up or a cheap motel. second come up with a route (or general area) and print or post your idea way ahead of time (thats all i heard the couple of weeks leading up to decatur). have some one to ride point and bring up the rear,the guy with the good tool kit is a must! I try and keep the run in the twenty to thirty mile range as that seems to be about right for all age's a good idea to have a bar/resturant around half way to grab a break. that said if you don't want other bikers doing something you don't approve of (riding during church,drinking,no helmet,etc) make it clear upfront. if riding in an urban area quietly ask question about park permits and the like.
My grand plan for Il. is three rallys a year (south,mid,north) moving north as the weather permits. sofar we have mid and north covered so anybody in southern Il. come on board.
any body any were that want's to plan something i'll be glad to do what i can.
we few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
for he that shares the road with me shall be my brother. be he nare so vile this ride shall gentile his condition . and pedestrians now afoot will hold there manhood cheap when passed by a motor bike geek