View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Got cut off and slammed into a SUV!

Falldownstandup, it could have been a lot worse. When I was still a pup (17), I was on my way to school one morning on a Haro BMX. I was as far over to the right as I could go without being up on the curb (no sidewalks in that section). A guy (ironically a teacher from my school) in a Dodge Durango nailed me from behind hard enough that my arse left a dent in his bumper, flinging me back hard enough that my head left a dent in his hood. I pitched forward, flew off the bike, landed hands down at full speed and hit my head again. End result was permanent nerve damage in both wrists and problems remembering small stuff like today's tasks and the like. I'm 24 now, and it's hard to ride my bike for more than an hour without my hands going numb. I can't even play my Playstation for more than 10 minutes at a time before I have to pause because my hands are pins and needles.

I just finally applied for disability this week, and hopefully I get it. In the meantime I try to work, and still ride my bikes (all 4 of them...when they have good tires and tubes anyway lol).

Always remember it could have been worse, and do your best to keep an eye on traffic around you in the future.
i'm freakin loony (inventory is always being added!)