View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: this is seeming to be the worst idea i've ever had

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of talent here to assist you in whatever way you need. What specifically is the problem with your clutch and throttle cable install? Was the throttle cable attached to the carburetor when you got the motor kit? Some come preassembled, some don't. We need to know this to offer advice. As for the clutch cable here are some hints:
Route the cable so there are no sharp bends or kinks. It can be helpful to lubricate the inner cable prior to installing it. Some clutches can be stiff or hard to pull and the lubrication helps in that respect. When attaching the end of the cable to the clutch actuator arm on the engine you need to have little to no slack in the cable when the clutch handlebar lever is out, not squeezed. Some clutches are stuck from the factory and will not easily disengage. It takes a pretty firm hand to move the clutch actuator arm but you need to be able to move it inward toward the engine about an inch with the cable/clutch lever. I don't know if this helps but you can post further questions in the 'Trouble Shooting' section where it will get a lot of attention I assure you.
Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"