Thread: 48cc ban?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 48cc ban?

Originally Posted by Sydneysider View Post
They're not illegale here, mate. While going to and from work, I and so many others have ridden past heaps of cops by the side of the road, most of them give me a friendly wave. Now if they were illegal, wouldnt I have copped a hefty fine and take my bike away? I still got my bike.. They're not illegal here. Not yet anyway and hopefully never will be.
Sorry dude its not that i dont want them to be illegal but as far as this page is concerned they are.
Motorised scooters, mini bikes, motorised devices
It might look a bit grey but it holds up in a court of law, as i said in an earlier post i know a guy who got done unlicenced unregisted no insurance and not paying road tax and is still paying the fines about 2k total and cannot get a licence for a car untill all fines are payed.
Maybe he had a **** lawyer

Find a cop who knows the law and ask them. the fact that cops wave at you is complete luck that they clearly dont know our own law.
Your kidding yourself if you think closeing down the plug gap will limit the power output to 200 watts it wont run i have tried this experiment.