View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Skeptics Review of SBP Tuned Pipe

Originally Posted by Ghost0 View Post
Sorry about the defective header. We can replace it for you, don't know what else we can do about that.
I was kinda hoping you were going to tell me "Oh.. they're all like that. No problemo."

Returning for a replacement was not an option as I was anxious to get going. The leak was REALLY bad with the aluminum gasket. Not so much when I went back to the stock gasket. What's up with copper/aluminum gaskets? I don't see the point. Note that the cyclinder is make of aluminum.

We have not heard of the header not fitting the studs though. We will look into that.
The studs were a few thou bigger. Just enough to prevent fitting. You can see in my pic the flange does not resemble the one in your manual. And there were only 2 copper tubes, not 3. Apparently you have changed the design somewhat.

As far as the hose clamps they were not intended to go over the enlarged section of the pipe but on either side. I guess we should clarify that in the instructions.
Confused. I thought it was assembled exactly as shown in your manual. The smaller pipe fits inside the bigger expansion chamber. Silicone tubing over that junction holds them together. There will be a small part and a fat part to the silicone. The hose clamps barely fit the small end and not even close to fitting the fatter part. A couple sizes up would work for both.