View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 125cc engine!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by jcchappy View Post
i just posted a thread just like this see I have 2 stingrays 2 125 semi auto 125cc engines so i'm going to build one but just like you all say on here its too much but heres my deal the 125 has a real generator that doesnt rob power from the ignition and it has 4 gears if you dont want to go fast on it dont roll the throttle all the way. the little hard knock is a cool little chopper but you have to tag inspect insure all that jusnk if I put the little 125 in my stingray which has tall apes and will have a springer seat all i have to do is retain functional pedals and its legal here in oklahoma not insurance no tag then I can just pop around all over town like my big bike without cars running me over don't get me wrong I love my regular motorized bicycle but I want to build a moster and I think I just might go ahead and do it.
Here is a video of a bike like the one you are thinking about: Motorized Schwinn Stingray XL

Note the lack of pedals. The builder also upgraded most of the components. Pretty sure that was out of necessity. Bicycle parts aren't made to take that much power.

Have fun and be sure to wear a helmet!