View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Skeptics Review of SBP Tuned Pipe

I just posted this elsewhere but I thought you may be interested in the low cost yet effective and easily adjustable rear mount I came up with, so I hope you don't mind if I go ahead and quote myself lol;

Originally Posted by BarelyAWake View Post
I just remounted my SBP tuned pipe, only supposed to be a test fit - it's worked so well I'm going to leave it

Yep, that's just two stainless hose clamps and two chunks of high pressure/high temp hose o_O Yet it's so solid and exactly where I want it, I think the only thing I'm gonna add is bits of inner tube between the clamps and the frame.

Heheh, yessir - more high temp hose makes a fine extension! Stops the exhaust from spewing nastiness on my kickstand and bag and actually helps take the "bang" out of the sound and deadens it a bit.

I don't think it looks that bad even with hose clamps all over the place... mebbe I'm just gettin' used to it lol
The length of the header (and that copper straight bit) allows for some tuning of the pipe, I've not messed around w/that other than trimming the copper one just to get it to fit - but I'm quite happy with the response it has now.

I had the same problem with the second hose clamp over the large end of the blue tubing, a shame really because they're quite nice clamps... I did manage to get it to fit with some soapy water and frustration, but I'll weld that section at some point anyway.

Much as they're handy, I've too many blasted hose clamps on my bike already

edit: did you remember to make the center hole in the gasket larger? It's quite a bit smaller than both the exhaust port and the manifold, a somewhat serious restriction of flow, I found I made the hole about 30% larger than stock... (oval instead of perfectly round)

Last edited by BarelyAWake; 09-17-2009 at 11:21 AM.