Thread: AMPT Frames?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: AMPT Frames?

Originally Posted by AslansMonkey View Post
#4 (Grubee GT2 bike) runs pretty well. It's still in the break in period but the motor seems to be shaping up well. This is my second favorite bike. Once the motor breaks in and some new parts (a Dellorto carb, mainly) come in it might become my new favorite.

#1 ("Krazy 8" based on an Electra Coaster frame) is my favorite. It has a 55cc engine with the CNS carb on it and a K&N air filter. For some reason this bike just gelled into a perfect bike, so I lucked out on my first build. Even though it's a smaller engine than the rest (the others are all 66cc) this bike is the fastest. Probably due to the carb. The rear fold out baskets make this bike the perfect grocery getter.

#2 is a military bike built on a Greenline single speed cruiser frame. It was the build I did the most fiddling on because I wanted it to look a certain way. It runs and rides very nice but doesn't see as much use mainly because it's a little heavier just to move around with the motor off.

#3 is a bike I bought at a garage sale for $25. It's an AMF Roadmaster which is probably 25 years old or so. I painted it and added new tires (and re greased everything since I had it apart) then tossed in a spare motor I had. It runs well but the narrower tires make it a little rough to ride.

Timely and aesthetically pleasing builds.....American know-how..any wonder why in only 234 years......we are the best in the world ?.....