Thread: 100:1 Mix
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 100:1 Mix

yeah - I meant to post that last post when i wrote it, this afternoon, several hours ago.

I only got in a half-hour bike-path dash... an old friend called by and that was the rest of the day gone.

So initial impressions only at this stage... i'll keep it brief... and I will be using the term <rich> to describe fuel/air affairs only AND NOT gasoline/oil ratios

(With previous ordinary oil my engine did not seem to like 16:1 or 25:1 run-in mixes much, but was noticeably sweeter at 32:1 in that the burn/performance with a 32:1 mix seemed crisper and cleaner.)

The 100:1 opti-2 seems to run very similarly (well) in all-round performance & perhaps slightly better at low revs... my mixture has been showing perfect plug colour ... maybe just a little too perfect, ie the clean colour made me nervous that a tad richer on the mixture might be safer in the long run ... so the slightly smoother low-rpm torque feel that i got as an initial impression may well be a result of the slight mixture richening that a 100:1 oil ratio gives.

And the exhaust smells pretty good with incense/pharmaceutical notes and none of the old blue smoke, more of a slight mist that disperses to transparency very easily.

Seems great so far but but i can't recommend the stuff on the basis of a mere half hour run of course.
But I will be continuing the trial @100:1, there are simply no signs or symptoms to make me want to back out at this stage. Good so far.