Thread: 100:1 Mix
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Gutter Rider
Default Re: 100:1 Mix

Originally Posted by Kevlarr View Post
Honestly high octane fuel does nothing (other then empty your wallet faster) unless your engine is designed for it and very few truly are. Unless you're getting detonation (pinging) higher octane gas has no effect on how well or fast an engine runs.

I have to chuckle at the number of people I see putting premium into their cars and they really think their car runs better or has more power because of it.

How about when you live at a high altitude. Some of you folks would never notice until you did. When I lived in Austin Texas I was at a much lower altitude gas just did not matter everything ran good? Huh.....
My slant head runs just fine on a high octane. I left it double gasket ed like the factory sent it too.150 mpg gas is no object

Gas is grossly unregulated too. State to state makes a heck of a diff for how much ethanol they give you. I recently found a gas station that was virtually no ethanol it smelt like like real old school gas. Bike ran great on this tank but wait till winter all ethanol again.

As for good ol Austin TX the lower altitude they seamed to have less refined gas cars would gum up. When I got to good ol Albuquerque I had to do a manifold purge to get my power back. I did a oil change every 2000 miles and still do to this day.
Still gotta have a since of humor.

Last edited by Goat Herder; 08-22-2009 at 01:02 AM.