Cool Gas Tanks?

GoldenMotor.com

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Anyone else think there might be a considerable, unmet demand out there for some different styled gas tanks for bikes. Seems to me that someone with the skill and ability might do well making and selling some nice, cheap, unpainted and painted bike tanks of different styles. ????
.trk.

Jun 25, 2008
I think money could be made if you were to limit designs to three possibly four different styles. I suppose I'd do one retro MB style, one sports motorbike style, and one long range style and/or the opposite, a discreet 1 ltr tank....

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
I think money could be made if you were to limit designs to three possibly four different styles. I suppose I'd do one retro MB style, one sports motorbike style, and one long range style and/or the opposite, a discreet 1 ltr tank....
Good ideas. I think I'd add a classic cylinder shape in differents sizes or lengths. A double cyclinder that stradled the cross bar might look nice.
.trk.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
If someone out there can make the "keg" style tanks to hang behind your seat have it hold about 1/2 a gallon or even less depending on costs and keep it at about 25 bucks I bet you wouldn't be able to keep up with demand.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Here is one that I have been working on. I used HoughMades concept and made a shell to cover the existing tank. I made it out of aluminum. I used angle aluminum to hold the piesces together with screws while the JB Weld set. It's my first attempt (prototype) and I'm pleased with the results so far.

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Cool tank cover RedB66 ... the red looks great. Aluminum has to be a smart choice too ... no sparks.

BTW guys, on a tank cover I'm guessing it would be best to leave the bottom open or at least leave some good sized holes so that no fumes can build up from any over-spill when filling the tank.
.trk.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Not sure if I'm going to use this or not. The tank is from an 80cc Yamaha dirtbike. I've sat and studied the Jaguar with the tank and sometimes it looks good and others it looks dorky. I know the white paint has something to do with how it looks and I've tried to picture it painted blue to match the bike. I'd welcome comments.
Tom

Attachments

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Not sure if I'm going to use this or not. The tank is from an 80cc Yamaha dirtbike. I've sat and studied the Jaguar with the tank and sometimes it looks good and others it looks dorky. I know the white paint has something to do with how it looks and I've tried to picture it painted blue to match the bike. I'd welcome comments.
Tom
Tom,
Since you asked I'll stick my big nose in ... to me it looks like it might be too much tank. Seems to kinda "overpower" the bike.?
(Bikeless) Mike