Throttle grip mod

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
A few days ago, I noticed that my throttle grip was sliding around on my throttle barrel. Here's what I did to fix it. I took an empty toilet paper tube (not the most fancy repair material, but hey, at least I'm recycling lol) and cut it to fit inside the throttle grip. I then squirted a few beads of superglue over the throttle barrel and slid the throttle grip on with the toilet paper roll inside it. The throttle grip grabs the cardboard much tighter than it grabbed the throttle grip, and the grip itself is not glued to the barrel, only the cardboard is. This way, should the grip ever need removing, it should come off with a good yank.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I hated the plastic throttle that came with my kit, it just looked and felt cheesey and the plastic edge that made the stop got worn down and it would slip past. What a PITA! So I ordered an all metal mini bike throttle from ebay (or Amazon, don't recall) and problem solved! I think it cost like $13 bucks, now my throttle is solid and smooth, I'm really happy with the change....

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I used a light coat of hairspray to sort of glue both the left grip and the throttle grip as seen done by a bike shop. They used an air hose to install and remove grips which I might try when the time comes.

Building up the surface and making it a friction only connection as it was in the first place as you did is a good idea.

MT

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I used a light coat of hairspray to sort of glue both the left grip and the throttle grip as seen done by a bike shop. They used an air hose to install and remove grips which I might try when the time comes.

Building up the surface and making it a friction only connection as it was in the first place as you did is a good idea.

MT
Yeah, I tried hairspray first and when that didn't work, I went to the toilet paper roll.