L4 Kickstand

GoldenMotor.com

jMrL

Feb 25, 2016
Norfolk
I have been browsing for bike stands, and All seem really bulky and expensive, I seen on the forum one that could be used as a stand and a kickstand.

Here is the link. Im just asking where i could get one of these. ( this is BarelyAWake 's bike )

Thanks!

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I just posted this pic a little bit ago (sorry)but if you can weld or even pay someone to. this one was about $15 in materials.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Now I know what my next project is. What do you use to secure it up whle riding?

Also, what did you use as a sheave? Is that a 20" rim with bolts and washers holding it on?

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Now I know what my next project is. What do you use to secure it up whle riding?

Also, what did you use as a sheave? Is that a 20" rim with bolts and washers holding it on?
I just bent up a 3/4 in. strip of 16ga. into a catch that attaches to the fender. (Google drop stand clip or catch) and the shelves is a whizzer shelves attached with Briggs control cable clips. You can find the channel steel for the stand at home depot,

jMrL

Feb 25, 2016
Norfolk
:( I have no access to a welder at all. Soon i will be buying one, Ive had a few hours experience with one. I might start looking on craigslist for a used one :)

Any other input on where to get a double kickstand is great! Self made are always welcome too. It will give me something to speed up the process of getting this welder

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Thanks chainmaker. I searched google and now i have every bit of inspiration needed to make one as awesome as yours!

jMrL, you can get a decent flux core welder from harbor freight for about $100. They work good enough for most hobbyists. I have a $600 lincoln that's lasted over 12 years so far and is still chuggin along. Not sure about how long the hf will last, but i have heard good things.