installing a large frame to bike and motor

GoldenMotor.com

tascott

Jun 6, 2009
Virginia
I have the large tube frame attachment and now I am finding that the two screws that are in the motor are difficult to come out. I wanted to make sure that these did come out and how to exactly going about removing them. Please help me!

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
post some pic's and a more detailed explanation and I would be more than happy to help out. :) Are you talking about the mounts?

tascott

Jun 6, 2009
Virginia
yea there are the two mounts for the fram and the one that goes on the front frame has the two screws comming out of the motor. If I can get them off I can install the large frame mount. I will post some pictures hopefully tonight or maybe tommrowow if i can. Thanks a ton!

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i know what you are talking about,you talking about the studs that are on the front of the engine, you want to remove them so you can use the metal plate and 2 smaller screws because of the oversize frame. yes the studs come out,got pliers?, grip the studs with pliers,larger ones are helpful,now grip it hard and turn counter clockwise,they will unscrew and come out.yes he can use pliers because he wont be useing those studs anymore,but if you want to you can double nut the studs and remove them that way to using to sets of pliers i think.

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
You can also use 2 nuts on one of the mounts. Put one on then the other and tighten the top one up to the other then you can use a wrench to turn the lower on and unscrew the mount. Do that for both sides.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
You can also use 2 nuts on one of the mounts. Put one on then the other and tighten the top one up to the other then you can use a wrench to turn the lower on and unscrew the mount. Do that for both sides.
yes, works great and then you have spare studs