My First Build

GoldenMotor.com

Flounder

May 26, 2010
Jacksonville Beach
Here ya go folks, My first build... This was my sons 16th B-day present. Op Cruiser from wally world and a GT5 66cc... Everything went real good for my first build. A few snags but nothing major. Its on its second tank of gas and she purrs.. She'll run 40-1 here on out. My son is so stoked. He all smiles when he rides, and gets compliments everywhere he goes.. Its his favorite B-day present every!

bike 005.JPG .shft.

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Lucky kid!!! Nice build! You might wanna have countiuelly check the chain tensinor, don't want the thing to fall into the spokes. There are plenty of great ways posted on the forum to make these things much safer. I personally drilled a hole through the bracket and the frame, then put a bolt through it. This has worked great so far on my bike. However this method is a suggestion!!!! Take a little time and look for more info from others on the forum to see what will work for your sons bike. Got to keep him safe. Hope he enjoys his new found freedom for years to come.

Flounder

May 26, 2010
Jacksonville Beach
Thx guys, He's really loveing it and im jealous lol.. I'm gonna start working on a bike for me soon. I got the bike but its an old steel cruiser that Im redoin from the ground up. On this first build I really took my time, like 6 days on or off. Making sure everything was nice and tight.. Thread locker and then works.. Even installed some battery operated lights for him ... Just a 15 dollar set from wally world... There LED and talk about bright.... Now that chain tensionior was a real booger. Im not fond of the set up.. but so far so good. I might go with a spring loaded one later. Be fore he recieved the bike I made sure that everything was up to par and working correctly... Ran 2 tanks of gas through at 20-1 , and some full throttle at times. Seems all is good and I make sure to give it a once over everytime he comes in from a ride and go through specific things to look for to keep him safe..My new moto is "No helmet No shoes no ride" but he's all good with it..

Thanks again everyone for all hard work people put in here at MB. Its made this build a breeze with all the tips and info...