general questions

GoldenMotor.com

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
I am just getting started with this thing. I have the Schwinn Jaguar bike I am using for a base. The Stinger Motor arrived today. It's Friday, order went in on Monday. There is a nut missing from the sprocket attachment spacer/clamp this is bothersome. A sticker on the case states it meets all state EPA requirements then it adds for non road engines. I am a Calif. resident. Do any of you Calif. riders have any trouble with the law? I am pretty cautious, pretty old and not about to offend anyone by my riding style. I have used an electric motor on this same bike and never had any problem with police. I am wanting the same with the gas motor. I have the required bell still on the bike from the E motor days and am planning on using a rear view mirror. I don't want to register it and I have a rider on my home owners insurance to c.shft.over the E bikes I will swing it over to the G power. I will have to check the motor mounting I can fab up something if I need to I will not drill a hole in the frame. I will start on it tomorrow morning after my Saturday chores are done. Any pit falls I should be aware of?

Jim C.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If at all possible do not drill the frame. There are countless other optoins open to you. Check this thread which covers the Jaguar and other cruiser style frames with a large downtube that must be addesssed when installing a motor > http://motorbicycling.com/f30/motorized-bicycle-oversized-tubing-solved-307.html
I think you'll be impressed with the ingenuity displayed by other cruiser owners.
I can't help you with California laws but there are a number of Cali members who will speak up. Just be patient.
Tom