Nerve B1

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Never liked the original bars that came with the bike, used some others I had. But I did not like them so we just picked up some Sunline VThree/254 bars.

I also realized tonight that the white wall on the tires are reflective. Tomorrow I am gonna paint the air cleaner cover.

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Thank You Bill, I can't take all the credit. This is Alex's bike (The Blue Fox) and we built it together. He will be racing it at DR.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
It's got coaster brake as well. After my engine mods I did to it; it is 9mph faster then the GT2 bike so LOOK OUT! I just hope it holds together lol.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
This morning I took the Nerve out for a spin, my first long ride on it. Alex complained that the bars were to wide but just cruising around the hood it felt good to me.

But after my ride I realized the bars were a little too wide, any little movement felt like too much input so I cut the bars back. I did not mind them being wide it was comfortable to ride and just takes a little getting used to. But it's not my bike so I made the bars narrower.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Fair how you like that pipe? I was thinking about picking one up from MotorBoys up here...
The pipe was provided by Alex's sponsor USABikeMotors, Your source for Grubee StarFire Bike Motor Kits, Parts, Service

It's loud, but it does add torque and more speed. We had two of them one with a muffler on the end but it killed the performance of the pipe.

I like it, wish I had one for the Rockhopper. The pic with Alex is before we changed the bars and a few little other things.

Attachments

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
You've got some Nerve! O.O

(bleh, horrid pun... I blame Dan's influence lol)

It's a fine lookin' ride and I dig that all-black look, can't wait to see it in the Death Race (^)

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Gt4 66 with light porting and Grubee pipe. Added Mozo thread-less suspension fork with Tektro Aquila front disc brake. 2.0 Schwalbe Kevlar Big Apple tires and running a 38t sprocket.
I previously started a thread about the B1....asking if anyone thought it would make a good build....apparently it does !.. :D

Laughs,
Salty.shft.

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
brakes are very important. It's interesting how brakes can make lap times faster. I doubt that it would make that much difference on a 50cc bicycle. Were talking F1 here. I guess you do have the F1 of motor assisted bicycles. can't wait to see it at the race. are you bringing it and the boxer?

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
brakes are very important. It's interesting how brakes can make lap times faster. I doubt that it would make that much difference on a 50cc bicycle. Were talking F1 here. I guess you do have the F1 of motor assisted bicycles. can't wait to see it at the race. are you bringing it and the boxer?
Yes both bikes will be at Dr, we had the extra brake so we figured why not. I don't use brakes on the track. I just dive into the corner drag my knee and hope I come out on the other end ;)

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Congrats to my buddy Alex and B1 with a second place finish at DR. The fastest lap for the B1 was 1:28 with a average lap speed of 32.67mph.

Now if we can just work on him being smoother and more consistent, his attention deficit hyperactivity disorder seems to be a problem on his focus on the track.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Congrats to my buddy Alex and B1 with a second place finish at DR. The fastest lap for the B1 was 1:28 with a average lap speed of 32.67mph.

Now if we can just work on him being smoother and more consistent, his attention deficit hyperactivity disorder seems to be a problem on his focus on the track.
Music......an ipod with some great tunes.....it's not so much as focusing on the track as it is with FLOWING with the track.......hmmm ?....And WTG Alex !...incredible...keep it up !

Salty.shft.

Last edited:

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
I like! would an S&B high performace airfilter, from sbp help out? I have one on my bike and I think it definitly incresess performace, but I'm still new, so I woundered why I havent seen them on any of the veteran bikes, especially the ones built for the DR! any thoughts? Really good looking build!