One-wheeled pusher question

GoldenMotor.com

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
hi guys

Lately i have ben thinking about making a chainsaw trailer bike.
I thought it qould be easy to use one of those "tag-a-long" kids bikes.
I would run a chain from the chainsaw, then to the cranks (the pedling sprocket is called the "cranks"
right?). Then from the cranks to the rear wheel.

Next, i would make a super long brake cable, rig that up to the chainsaw's throttle. I would neither
A) use a brake cable or B) use a thumb shifter for the throttle........

Will this work??? Will the thing top over??? Will it be extremly slow???

(my guess is yes, no, no)

Attachments

Last edited:

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
i think it will work, i was thinking of doing something similar only using another bike frame for the back. The back wheel of the front bike would also be the front wheel of the back bike. id just need to widen the front fork of the pusher.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Prasinos are you going to mount the front forks of the rear bike on the rear axle of the front bike? Seems like a wonderful idea for a tandem, might look a lil odd but it might work.

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
exactly, im looking for a bike that uses an English threaded rod for the rear axle because i cant find any metric at the hardware stores around here, but when i do, il just make an over sized rear axle and attach the front fork of the rear bike to that, il let you know how it goes. I live on a college campus so finding abandoned bikes is pretty easy, especially in the winter months.