Anyone bought a China Girl Motor pull start lately?

GoldenMotor.com

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan
I purchased one off eBay that was all aluminum (no plastic whatsoever) and it came with a rope (not steel cable) pull handle.

It failed after 5 pulls! The clock spring jumped inside. I took it apart, reinstalled it, and it worked for a bit, but after 5 miles, the motor caught the wind up mechanism and tweaked the spring so bad it had to be junked. The ebay seller was excellent, and refunded the full amount after viewing pictures I had sent.

So, I'm just seeing if anyone has bought one recently, and had success with it. If so, where did you buy it from? I'm using a 66cc 2-stroke on a Schwinn trike, and the owner has some pain in his hip that prevents him from pedal starting it sometimes.

Appreciate your input guys!brnot

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan
Re: Anyone bought a China Girl pull start lately?

Thank you for getting back to me. I decided to buy another one and hope for the best! I will post my results.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL

Um... I bought one, too. Same exact problem as you have.

It was a metal wire, though. It came off the second pull. I ended up going to Home Depot, and buying lawn mower pull string. Had to rewind that clock spring four or five times. It's a B1tch, but eventually you'll get it to work.

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan

The lemon rate on them must be high lol well I'm still using the one I linked earlier and I have quite a bit compression and the the pull start is working perfect still.