1st build in Orange County, CA

GoldenMotor.com

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I've been reading as many posts as possible and it got me started on my latest project. I figure this is where my bike belongs with the Rats. It's my first build that started with a cruiser that I got off Craigs for $100. with most of the mods completed I felt it's time to join this forum, post some pics as I put it together, then ride with other members.

Attachments

Last edited:

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
thought I'd show some progress with the bike. cranks, fender, engine, carb, seat, front end, gas tank, ready to go. let's see what i can do tonight?

mbneophite-as far as a kick stand i'd google it. i know it's a standard answer but thats where you will find exactly what your looking for, also check out some of the sponsors they have all kinds of neat stuff.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
MAG - Beautiful frame.

MBneophite- My center Kickstand came from boygofast on EBay.
Spookytooth also sells them.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I put the wheels on to get a feel for what i'm building. I'ts going in the direction that I originally visioned. I'm getting very stoked as the bike comes together, unfortunatly time and $$$$ hold me back taking longer than I want

The second pic is the wheel/ chain tensioners that I fabricated out of washers and some allen bolts that I had laying around from a previous project, I had to add the mounting plates to the frame because there wasn't enough there to begin with so, 1/4" steel stock, nut couplings, welding, and some grinding and there they are

I can't wait to ride my bike, hopefully I will begin breaking it in this weekend. I have to add the chains, wiring, pipe, front brake line and I think that's it

Wheelbender6- thanx a lot, when I saw the frame I had to have it. I got lucky that it came with the front end that I wanted

Attachments

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
motocafe- thanx I've only rode the bike as a bike around the neighborhood, it's comfortable to me I like the leaned over feel of a sport bike or cafe bike it takes the pressure off my lower back . we'll see how my butt feels after a 40 min ride though.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Bike Monster- thanx, I appreciate the input. I assembled a few more parts today it's almost ready to start up. I'm shooting for Sunday, fingers crossed.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I got a chance to put the chains on. attached is a close up of the spring chain tensioner. So I fabed 3 for this bike, 2 for each side of the rear axle and one for the right (pedal) side.

I feel it's more important to have the drive side of the bike (engine) to have the least power robbing friction as possible, because it's powering the bike, not my pedals.

Attachments

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
I really like the way it looks what kind of bike is it? it looks like a more so racing bike!!! i love the lower handle bars!!!.wee.

Last edited:

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I had some extra time today and got the bike completed and took it for a spin around the block. I had a tough time getting it started at first, I checked the gap on the plug and opened it up, put it back in and it fired right up. I had a smile from ear to ear and was getting the thumbs up from the kids around the block, good times

bairdco- my thoughts exactly
motocafe- thanx
Bike monster- the frame was a sample from "oldguysbike.com" the model was called geezer, I should have and kept the label on the frame but it got sanded off. it's basically an overseas import 26" beach cruiser, that had ape hangers.
I was going for the 1970's cafe racer look and the bars are clip ons that attach to each fork leg.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I am trying to guess what frame that is? Is that a Dyno? I am looking for something in steel like that. The peddles,seat angle, etc looks like a lay out I would like to use in my next build. I have been playing havoc finding one lately.

Love the bike by the way!