My first build - 1960's Schwinn

GoldenMotor.com

ridemybikebro

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Hey guys,

I picked up this Schwinn Tiger a few weeks ago and have been cleaning it up getting it ready for a motor. This will be my first motorized bicycle and I am really excited about building one.

I took apart and cleaned the rear hub which is a Bendix 2-speed hub with a lot of internal parts... Took me a few days to figure it all out but I got it back together. I will be building the wheel this week with 14g spokes and the original steel rim. I'm having a ton of fun and cant wait to put a engine in this sucker. I'm going with a in-frame 2-stroke - love the look.

Attachments

ridemybikebro

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Rode this bike today! Oh man it was fun to cruise around on this thing today.
I built the rear wheel up and the 2-speed hub works. I can shift between a high and
low gear with ease, just a little kick back on the peddles and it shifts. So much fun to ride
and my engine kit is in the mail - F50 from thatsdax.

Attachments

Radfletcher

Feb 23, 2010
Portland, oregon
this is a special bike even if it DOESN't get motorized. you must know (firsthand) how cool it is to have that bendix hub... rare, valuable, enviable...

ridemybikebro

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Hey guys - Got my engine kit from thatsdax! woohoo... and have been working on putting it all together. Take a look at the pic's of my front mount which I'm not sure about. The rear mount is flush and stable, so let me know what you guys think about the front mount. I have read a ton of threads on mounting so I have some other ideas if this front doesnt work out.

Cheers

Attachments

ridemybikebro

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Oh and the Bendix hub I put on another bike of mine, it was too big for the sprocket so I used a coaster brake hub I had laying around and it works like a charm.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
You are really an artist! It is bikes like these, simple and beautiful, that make me drool. Great Job!(^)(^)(^)

ridemybikebro

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Got the engine and almost everything else on yesterday - still need to cut the bicycle chain and make it shorter. After work today I plan on putting some gas in it and seeing what happens! woohoo
My motor chain is real close to my 2.125 balloon white tires so I'm thinking they might need to be changed to something smaller like a 1.9

[/IMG]
-
[/IMG]