Bought a 2010 Grubee 66cc and mounting on a GT.

GoldenMotor.com

saabengineer

Aug 11, 2010
Washinton
So I finally broke down and bought an engine for my GT mountain bike. My friends have been riding on cheap eBay engines, but thought if I buy one I need quality with a supplier to back it up.

I have been reading through the forum to anticipate any problems. What I have found is the oil/gas mixture for break in is critical. I have also read of some breaking down their engines and rebuilding to ensure there is no foreign partials inside the casing. And I have read about the many issues of engines not wanting to start. At this point I am nervous and skeptical, but I am a motor head so I hope I can do this right.

Anyone else have the 2010 Grubee Skyhawk engine kit? Any problems? Notice any cheap parts that should be a priority to replace? Break in?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes, welcome to the forum and relax....you should have no problems installing, starting and running that little engine. If by chance you do, your at the right place for any answers to any problems. I break my 66cc engines with a 20:1 mix through 2 gallons, then run 32:1 from then on. Use a good quality 2-stroke oil, synthetic or not. Enjoy the ride!