Hollister CA

GoldenMotor.com

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
https://vimeo.com/203975237

Small track that was moist to say the least. I did not go very fast there.

There are other videos of another track and rougher roads, but the trails that weren't muddy were too steep. Need to wait for the areas to dry out till it is all again open.

The videos of the other more dry track are so bumpy that they are hard to view, as are most of the other hilly roads I took.

I was thinking maybe the cam when I change the memory card changed the setting for resolution. Not so, it is just other places I have ridden are more smooth with more graceful bumps you can jump. Hard packed stuff and mud is OK, but bumps that bottom out the shocks or gravel that makes it near falling or not stopping in time for who knows what, ehhhh!

The down hill on parts of the roads had lots of loose gravel. Can't use brakes very hard or you slip out. Did not spill, but I was in situations, lets put it that way!

Last edited:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Some hills just a bit too much for the bike.

I used a pointy Dremel grinder stone to cut the hardware mount hole in plastic in the visor temporarily removed from my helmet. Now I don't have to use that 3M double stick stuff that does not work to well on a curved surface (the helmet visor) contacting a flat surface (the camera mount). It holds great.

Also I use the safety cable wire with a zip tie if the camera comes loose to save it.

I think maybe I'll add another cable or just loose zip ties from opposite sides to keep it from dangling in the wind till you stop to fix a camera come loose.

Attachments

Last edited:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I found that both the older Briggs and the newer used Briggs engine needed a better connection for the tube going from the breather to the air filter body.

I used a large amount of high temp RTV and gooped it up. Now there will be no leaking of oil vapors that will contaminate the air or also the near by jack shaft pulley and belt.

I cleaned the pulley with Goof Off followed by MEK. I made sure to keep it away from the belt meticulously by tying it up out of the way.

The belt cleaned with dish wash liquid and water. No need to take off wheel.

I'm not sure the hill in the previous post it would climb, but some other hills it had some trouble with slipping belt was probably that leak and it should be good now. I added some of the sealant also to the breather gasket too.

See the towel and the sheave, some of the grime I know is the belt particles of rubber that disintegrated. In the future I have problems with slipping and I see no oil leak at that hose connections, I just probably be dealing with water and dust.

Attachments

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I just got my REI dividend for the year. May see what deals on knobby tires... even mail order deliver to store free shipping maybe. If I damaged the bead on this tire that had a blow out when just sitting there, I think if I was going down a hill. Ya know what I mean.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Now it is about a year later and at the dirt road I was riding in the park on Wednesday just near Sunset, I saw a black wolf run across the road in front of me. I wasn't going very fast up the hill as I had just hit a pot hole. I did not stop though and it was gone when I reached the spot maybe 25 ft in front of me as I first spotted it. Don't think I have seen a wolf in the flesh. Bobcat I saw once and did stop and turn around in Mendocino National Forest, though the wolf was like 4ft body with tail 3ft I guessed.

Wish I had my helmet cam, but not this time.

Reactions: indian22