where can i find a planetary gear??

GoldenMotor.com

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
One of the tooths broke off the planetary gear not the big one with the flower nut but the one that connects to it. Having a hard tie finding a spare one online.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Well I'm not sure how to get the thing off. Thanks for the link ;)
Most kit come a dual purpose sprocket puller, I kept like 10 before I started throwing them away.

It's black and has threads and wrench fitting all over it.
One side pulls the drive sprocket, the other smaller side is for that crankshaft output drive sprocket.

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
Okay I have one with the kit. I'm scared I'm gonna tear the thing up even more tho. His would I go about taking the gear off

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
okay so i got it off. and appears to be no woodruff key in the housing the is a bunch of grind marks im assuming it either disintegrated or it behind the larger gear along with the tooth that broke off

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
okay so i got it off. and appears to be no woodruff key in the housing the is a bunch of grind marks im assuming it either disintegrated or it behind the larger gear along with the tooth that broke off
Yep.
Chances are something in the drive train bound up seizing everything to the actual gear on the crank shaft.

It's a tiny little keyway, half moon woodruff style opposed to the more common straight keys.

It's a pain to get back on too as you will soon see, just make sure to use all other parts put back in order and tighten that gear down by keeping the crank shaft from moving..

Something semi-soft through the plug hole to hold the piston just a tad before TDC works.

This internal connection from the engines crank shaft to a big gear reduction to the output shaft is crucial #1.

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
Yep.
Chances are something in the drive train bound up seizing everything to the actual gear on the crank shaft.

It's a tiny little keyway, half moon woodruff style opposed to the more common straight keys.

It's a pain to get back on too as you will soon see, just make sure to use all other parts put back in order and tighten that gear down by keeping the crank shaft from moving..

Something semi-soft through the plug hole to hold the piston just a tad before TDC works.

This internal connection from the engines crank shaft to a big gear reduction to the output shaft is crucial #1.

so this is what i bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191515249776?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181474272053?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

i figured a new screw as well wouldnt hurt and sure didnt want any china parts.

so getting the gear back on... it seems to stick out a little further than what i remember