New guy

GoldenMotor.com

Retrax

Feb 5, 2014
Saint Paul
I was looking at a local shop here that had a Huffy Cranbrook for sale with a Chinese 2 stroke kit on it which sparked my interest. I started to read up some more and decided to buy a Worksman Newsboy and do the project myself.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!!

Build it yourself is definitely the way to go on these bikes ---- you'll know exactly what you've got instead of trying to fix (usually) someone else's issues.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to our wild world of motorized bicycles, we have many talented members that will be more then glad to help you along the way, look forward to hearing about your build, great to have you with us

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Glad you plan to build it yourself. You don't have to be a mechanic. You just need patients and a few basic tools.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome, Retrax.
Deciding to build your own motorized bicycle is a good decision. The experience will teach you plenty and when it's done and on the road you'll have the satisfaction of saying, "I built it".
Good luck and don't hesitate to ask if you have problems or need advice with your build. There is lots of experience here to draw from and someone always willing to help. The search feature is a valuable tool. Just type in a keyword/s and you'll find information on every aspect of the engine kit installation.

Tom

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Welcome Retrax,
You did your homework. The Worksman Newsboy is a excellent choice for a bicycle.
I took it one step further and started with a bare frame and built a component bike (with Worksman wheels). I have mad skills and thought it would be easy enough. I soon realized there is a steep learning curve. Here is some advise:
Disassemble your new engine and inspect it, or have someone do it for you.
Use plenty of Lock Tite when re-assembling the engine (the entire bike)
Clean out your fuel tank before using it.
Expect problems and delays.
Throw away the spark plug and cap that come with your kit they will cause you nothing but problems. Your local scooter shop should have quality replacements.
Use quality oil and correct fuel oil mixture.
Follow engine break in procedures.
Continuously and constantly check nuts, bolts, and screws on entire bike. Everything all the time.
Have fun...

Retrax

Feb 5, 2014
Saint Paul
Thanks for the input guys. My bike should be here in about four weeks, so I have some time to collect parts. I am going for the old board track racer look. I have always wanted an old Indian board tracker but not the price tag. I see Sportsman Flyer is an active company here and I plan on ordering several of their beautiful parts for my build.