Hey Y'all

GoldenMotor.com

Xman

Jan 10, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I have wanted to do this to a bike ever since I was a young boy, and now as an adult I am looking to create my own DIY motor bike, not only for me but me and my neighbor are going to build a second one after this one so we can race around our block. Then the kids can enjoy it.

My donor bike is a Schwinn boy's Falcon BMX bike 20" The donor motor is a Mcculough EZ-Start 31cc I have been doing a ton of research and I am not keen to idea of a direct drive method, but I am willing to have a go at a gear method. My only issue is how to mount the drive gear to the clutch bell. I do have a MIG Welder so welding something is not an issue for me. If anyone has any photos of what they have done like this I would really like to see how it was done if not I am sure I will figure out a way to attach a gear to the clutch with a support bearing so it has maximum support & strength.cvlt1

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!! Good luck with your project!

(Dan, you may have to watch what you call me now........:D)

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I have only done kit builds, so I'm not any help with the DIY projects.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to our motorized bicycle community. we look forward to the pictures and sharing and learning from you