Tires for 150cc 4 stroke board track racer

GoldenMotor.com

kensho

Jun 24, 2012
USA
Hello all,

I am putting together a board tracker inspired by cobrafreak, idood, and sportscar pat. I have worksman wheels with 11ga spokes.

I know Pat is using hookworms and cobrafreak is using the Coker motorcycle tires.

The Cokers are a little out of my price range at the moment.

I thought about going with the hookworms. I really like the looks of the Fat Franks and felt quick bricks though. Would they be able to hold up to 55 mph riding?

Thanks in advance for your advice,
Kensho

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Welcome kensho, :) a 150cc ain't exactly a MB. Bike Bandit is the best place for Motorcycle tires I know of. If you make it work, and get stopped You will need a backpack to carry all the tickets home. Your call. (c)

kensho

Jun 24, 2012
USA
Thanks for all of your concerns. It is a replica of a race bike from the early 1900's.

I am not really sure if it will go that fast for certain...but I want to find a safe tire just in case.

If I can't find a cheaper alternative....I will save my pennies to get the Coker tires I guess.

Oh, and I will most likely register as a motorcycle with the local DMV to avoid the tickets.

thank you,
Kensho

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I just think 55 is way too fast for a bicycle. Im not criticizing you or telling you not to do it. i would be scared to go 55 on a bicycle, or anywhere even close to it. if you got the cajones to ride a bicycle that fast, more power to ya lol.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
The continentals available in Europe and the Simplex are your best bet..both should run you about the same with shipping.