1st Timer

GoldenMotor.com

irefin

Jul 1, 2012
illinois
Hello, Just call me irefin.I just finished my first motor-bicycle! Found a kit at a yard sale-$50.As far as I can figure it's a BGF-Z80BK.Does this sound right?A used mountain bike(6speed)$40,real clean.With a little welding help,and some patiance it all came together.I'm really impressed how well it moves my 225lbs.and handles.I do believe the brakes need upgrading.Any suggestions?This forum sure made my project a lot simpler.Thanks irefin.BTW-Being a furniture refinisher demanded the use of wooden engine spacers,they work great.brnot

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hello, Just call me irefin.I just finished my first motor-bicycle! Found a kit at a yard sale-$50.As far as I can figure it's a BGF-Z80BK.Does this sound right?A used mountain bike(6speed)$40,real clean.With a little welding help,and some patiance it all came together.I'm really impressed how well it moves my 225lbs.and handles.I do believe the brakes need upgrading.Any suggestions?This forum sure made my project a lot simpler.Thanks irefin.BTW-Being a furniture refinisher demanded the use of wooden engine spacers,they work great.brnot
BGF is a seller on eBay named BoyGoFast.

Better brake pads like the salmon ones grip better.
How about a pic of the wood engine spacers?

irefin

Jul 1, 2012
illinois
Sorry,I'm not able to post pics.If my buddy drops by,he can do it.Quite simple to make.A piece of 1 1/8in. scrap poplar.Bike has 1 1/8in frame tubes.So I drilled 2-1 1/8in holes with forstner bit on drill press.Set pieces against engine,allowing 3/16in gap,marked it with a pencil,ruffed it out on band saw leaving line,then sanded it off to line on my bench disc sander.Then I cut them in half with the grain,removed about 1/8 in from ends so they wouldn't meet up during mounting.Perfect fit with no gap.It should help with vibration level I guess.And it went quicker than it sounds.Hope I explained it well enough.
irefin awayyyyyyyyyyyy cruisin' the mean streets