Felt Twin First Build

GoldenMotor.com

SubCom

Feb 5, 2010
San Diego
This is my first start to finish build. I learned a lot including how a whole bunch of parts are not compatible.

I started with the Felt Twin and then purchased a PK-80. Standard mounts down work so I splurged on the Ridley mounts. I was hoping for an easy build for my first. I went with the Ridley over the Ampt since I was told they did not work with the PK engines. Turns out the rear mount on the Ridleys doesn't work with the PK either. I ended up swapping out the motors with another I had picked up.

The rear mount fit but the chain caught on the edge of the mount. Some grinding, more grinding, a bit more grinding and my $200 engine mounts finally worked. :rolleyes:

Anyway, after a bunch of diversions and hiccups it is finally done.

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
The Twin is a great choice; my MP is still down waiting for a sprocket/adapter since February. If I had to do it all over I would use the Twin or 1903.

Excellent build. What kind of tank did use on the rear mount?

SubCom

Feb 5, 2010
San Diego
The Twin is a great choice; my MP is still down waiting for a sprocket/adapter since February. If I had to do it all over I would use the Twin or 1903.

Excellent build. What kind of tank did use on the rear mount?
I made the tank out of 3" pipe and stuck it in a cheap roll bag after sealing it. I wanted to find a nice leather roll, but they seem to only exist in black leather or at stratospheric prices. The cap is just a brass end cap I found in the plumbing isle. I drilled it and made the pig tale with copper tubing to work as a vent.

Archduke Chocula

Apr 23, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
I made the tank out of 3" pipe and stuck it in a cheap roll bag after sealing it. I wanted to find a nice leather roll, but they seem to only exist in black leather or at stratospheric prices. The cap is just a brass end cap I found in the plumbing isle. I drilled it and made the pig tale with copper tubing to work as a vent.
Thats a great idea for a tank! My Huffy Panama Jack beach cruiser came with a nice leather roll satchel looks much better than the stock tank from a kit. If I cant modify my tank to fit hidden under the rear luggage rack I'll give your method a shot. Maybe not using PVC however.

Attachments