Mongoose/Tomos A35 Project

GoldenMotor.com

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
6mi. from the Old North Bridge
I recently went to another motored bike rally in Conn. and miss my bikes I sold a couple of months ago. I was thinking how I could combine my love of motoredbikes with a thing for mopeds.
I stretched out a electric kids mountain bike with the help of Reynolds Weld Lab(George in N.H.) and Moped Jay. It has a 450W motor and I borrowed a lipo pack and charger(500.00) for a while. It got up to 22mph and goes 20-25miles before it dies. So in order for me to be content I would need 2 packs and damn I'm not loaded with spare cash.
I got a Tomos frame I can cut apart for the motor mounts and a A35 kitted tomos engine Ill steall off a ped I have. The mongoose has 20" wheels and the front has a disk brake. The rear I could use a 16" moped wheel and should be able to keep the gearing the same 27' front sprocket and 20" in the rear. The ped does 45mph now and the mongoose is 10 lbs. lighter. Should be a good marriage and leave me feeling ok at more motoredbike rallys. Allows me to feed both addictions so to speak.
Ill post progress and chime in with suggestions, comments and **** talk peace Ray

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That is purty funky looking ray! When we spoke, I didn't really catch what you were saying.

Always enjoy seeing your rides at rallys and get togethers. Always some thing different.

Heck, you could show up on a Barbie trike with streamers and folks would be glad you are there.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Was wondering if you were going to get another tri state run goining this year.

Jim