clutch assembly jam, wont disengage

GoldenMotor.com

bike

May 24, 2010
michigan
I was pedaling my bike and before I could engage my motor the drive chain jammed. Now the clutch will not disengage and always driving the chain/motor. I removed both the clutch and drive sprocket they appear fine. The ball bearing clutch arm does not push the clutch plate out. Does anyone have any ideas to resolve the issue short of splitting the case?

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
look at my sticky on engine tear down and on the clutch for info on your clutch system.
You do not need to split the engine case to remove the shaft. I refer to it as the main shaft this is the shaft that has the clutch on one end and the sprocket on the other end with the clutch rod in the center.
If you will take the time to look through the stickys it will give you the info you are looking for.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
look at all the posts in Norms 2 stroke repair center . If you are reading this click the back arrow top left hand side now you are looking at all the posts the first few are all sticky's with how to repair info in each one with photos all you need to do is look. All posts above yours is a sticky they all start with the word sticky.