Clutch Wheelies on 2Stroke china girls (80cc)?

GoldenMotor.com

FractaL64

May 8, 2013
Canada
Anyone really good at doing these? I was thinking of changing my rear 44 tooth out for a 34tooth, but forget it! I wanna be able to do clutch wheelies.

I want to learn how to really get my wheelies up high. So any tips?
Also is there any risk of snapping something from doing clutch wheelies?

I've gotta switch my brake levers because its so hard to tap my rear brake when its on the throttle side of my handle bars. Gotta configure it like a real motorcycle!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Doing wheelies is fun; I run a 36t and it just takes practice and just a little pedal to get the wheel up. Once its up you can balance it with throttle and clutch.

Play riding is one way to really improve your ridding and building skills in my opinion.

Attachments

FractaL64

May 8, 2013
Canada
Doing wheelies is fun; I run a 36t and it just takes practice and just a little pedal to get the wheel up. Once its up you can balance it with throttle and clutch.

Play riding is one way to really improve your ridding and building skills in my opinion.
Wow nice! So do you WOT and pedal to get it up or do some combination of dumping the clutch while blipping the throttle and pedaling to get it up?

Also do you use your rear brake at all to balance?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I just use a combination of throttle and pedal with a little pull on the handlebars to get the front wheel up.

Yes, at times I have used the back brake. Its just a matter of balance and practice,practice, practice. Then you practice some more, and more and more.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I just use a combination of throttle and pedal with a little pull on the handlebars to get the front wheel up.

Yes, at times I have used the back brake. Its just a matter of balance and practice,practice, practice. Then you practice some more, and more and more.
Pulling a wheelie on a China girl is like pulling a wheelie on a motorless pedal bike.
They don't have enough power to lift the front wheel.
Where as something like scotto's 212cc Preddie will pop a wheel off the ground when you wack the throttle off the line!!!

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
i run a 44 tooth and a modded motor, ... lots of porting, cut on piston, puch hi hi head EXE....

and i can wheely pretty easy when riding

the trick for me is to be running at the rpm right at the begining of my power band and then whack the thottle wile pulling up just a lil bit and the front wheel goes RIGHT UP !

then again i can wheelie just by being in the beginning of the power band and whacking the throttle as the front tire rides up the curve on a sidewalk (u know the curve on the sidewalks where the crosswalks end and begin ?) at those spots with the curve, the front wheel will lift up without me even pulling on the bars at all if i whack the trhottle at the right time .

wheelies are easyer with a 44 or 48 but you will be limeted to around 35 mph no matter how many mods you have because of rpm restrictions

the trick is to be right at the beginning of your power band then whack it and pull up !

do not dump the clutch !!!!!!! its a good way to break sh$t

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
a lay back seat post also helps :) get your but closer to the center of the rear tire

so a way lay back seat post + a short cruiser bike + 24in wheels + 44t sprocket = wheelie machine

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
heh, this thread is getting good.

*sticks around for nefariousness*

I'm personally into "shenanigans"............:D

The way the powerbands are on these bikes, I'd probably end up dumping my old ass off the back end if I should try this..........

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
a lay back seat post also helps :) get your but closer to the center of the rear tire

so a way lay back seat post + a short cruiser bike + 24in wheels + 44t sprocket = wheelie machine
Do you have any idea where id find one of these seat posts that puts the seat almost in the tire :p

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
A shifting bike will let you pop wheelies but still be a useable fast ride especially with an electric drive. All I know is looking to subject an motorized bicycle to pop a wheelie's is make sure you get a good video because for the most part riding wheelies on a 2-stroke motorized bicycle is doomed for failure in short order from the start and your video is more likely to be a Darwin Awards video that a U-tube sensation.

Just my thoughts because yes, I have built many bikes that can easily pop a wheelie but it's like riding a unicycle with a pack of rabid monkeys on your back changing the weight to maintain and well, just kinda dumb to risk your body and machine to show off don't ya think?

Naw, you don't think about that when you are young, I didn't either and why only being in mid 50's I am in constant pain from stupid past injuries and can't help but give you warnings I never got.

Take it or leave it or hey throw the dice.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
What they said...
I've been riding wheelies on bicycles since 1965. Now I do it my motorized bicycle. The neighborhood kids get a kick out of seeing an old man ride the back wheel. Never give up. Never grow old.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Mass,

"hey Yall, watch this"

or up north, just "watch this" "Hold my beer" "Kids, don't try this at home"

Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something

Don't worry...it's not loaded..

Die, my dear? Why that's the last thing I'll do!
Groucho Marx

I can pass this guy.
My brakes are fine.