Help! Something is tragically wrong with my engine!

GoldenMotor.com

Diver

Sep 25, 2010
Seattle
I tried to start it by cranking the pedals but I got nothing!!

Then I put the OPTI-2 next to it- still nothing! What's going on?!!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
...also, the iron is not close enough. I know many folks have had good luck with leaving the iron in the window but I have found it must be close to help alter the polarity.

I know this is hotly debated but from personal experience, the iron has to be closer. I know many will argue but know for a fact not only does it help with MPG but helps with "grunt" power, hill climbing and off the line starts.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Allen, that is my main issue with changlish instructions. They warn you not to let small children play with the plastic bags. How to use an extension cord and how not to put your own eye out with a screw-driver but never, not ever do they tell you to place the iron close to your MB so it will start and run.

I blame Communism, lawyers and global warming.

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I missed the iron in the picture. Is it a #3 iron, a #5 iron. Must have real moxy if he's using an iron. Me, I just putter around. But I guess that's par for the course. :)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Looks to me like things are a little uneven, maybe you could get out the 4' level install a couple-a new bubbles in it and go over everything very closely and get it all nice and plum, once this is done she should fire right up fur ya!

I've been hidding in the bushes around here lately but I had to comment on this one...

Peace