Built my first Gasser

GoldenMotor.com

downhillv10

Dec 4, 2012
Cody,Wyoming
Well, I did it after doing some homework! I used a power king kit from Pirate Cycles ($200.00) delivered to my door and a cheap($94.00) Walmart bike LOL! and about 3 hrs. worth of cussing It works!! First time out no problems and it goes pretty good! Alot quieter than I would have guessed, One thing I do know is that the carb. and intake manifold need help! The angle and flow of the intake are in need of some rethought! The carb is way too small! And the exhaust well!!LOL!! But with a good pipe and intake and carb. this thing will be great! But its not to bad the way it is,It is a blast to ride!! A fun project for a cold winter day here in Wyoming!!brnot

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy DownHill, welcome.

Pretty sure your hooked already, lol. These things are addictive.

Ride safe!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the hobby, the engine will run better after a couple hundred miles or so. I've been to Cody one time, went to the museum. I spent too long according to my wife looking at all the old firearms.

downhillv10

Dec 4, 2012
Cody,Wyoming
Yes Dan I'm hooked for shure!!! I'm already thinking what my next one will be!LOL! this one runs really good for not being broke in yet,It was a chore tring to find somewhere to start it that wasen't covered in ice and snow! And yes Greg 58The Cody museum has the biggest collection of firearms in the U.S. some really cool stuff!lots of rare guns and not to mention the Buffalo Bill Cody collection you could spend hrs.&hrs.there I have I get free admission because I work at Pahaska tepee resort it's Buffalo Bills original hunting lodge here in wyoming,Anyhow back to bikes I'm thinking felt crusier anyone here built one? I'm going all out on this one! Any building tips or tricks? Thanks!!!!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
On the ideas, read, read an' look at some of the pics in the pic and vid section. Really amazing stuff and builders. Really cool part is MB folks really enjoy sharing how2's and sources.

I think ya need 3 MBs. The one your riding, the one your building and the one your planing. (build some thing cool. Plan some thing cooler)

BarleyAwake wrote a really great parody on the "addiction" thing about our thing.

LOL, ayup. Starts with "just a small, helper engine" Then one a lil bigger but ya can stop any time you want. (got them fancy disk brakes now) then multi geared engine transmissions....

then some friends and family have an intervention for you. But you cleverly offer to let them ride.....

BA's 12 steps

1. We admitted we were powerless while pedaling—that our hills and distances had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore bicycling to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of engines as we understood them.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of the interwebs.
5. Admitted to our budget, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our desires.
6. Were entirely ready to have the patience to remove all these defects of our rides.
7. Humbly asked of our tools to remove all shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all problems that may cause harm, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such issues wherever possible, except when to do so would injure yourself or others.
10. Continued to make modifications and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through patience and experimentation to improve our contact with the road as we understood it, seeking only for knowledge and entertainment for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to all bicyclists, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Downhill,

Just a warning: Ya can't have just one. I hope you have garage space because you're gonna need it.
Keep us informed of your next endeavor.

Tom