first snow trek

GoldenMotor.com

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
so after dumping the bike the other day, i tore it all down and put it all back together again, new pedals, loc-tite, repacked bearings and lined everything up as best as possible. Put it all back together and took her on a run through town...she runs great...so i decided to check out the nearest bike trail...only 6 miles away...and to my surprise there wasnt a footprint nor a tire track in sight...we got 6 inches of powder yesterday...needless to say my bike (or myself) loved being free to run open in fresh powder...the bike handled like a champ...oh and just ordered a handlebar mount for my camera...cant wait to throw a vid up in the motorized bike video section on this forum...oh and i did 7.9 miles in fresh virgin powder...through the snow covered woods of the northwestern hills of connecticut...and begrudgingly i finally came home and put the bike away with burning numb fingers...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You might want to consider a helmet mount for your camera. Much smoother vids than the handlebar mount. Whatever, get some video of you snow cruises. We're wating. Sounds interesting, especially you blazing trails through powder. See if you can get a friend to video you doing it from the side of the trail.

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I see myself at cruising speed drifting sideways in long, gentle curves on empty fireroads covered with untouched virgin powder, throwing a huge wall of roost off the back wheel to each side until I run out of gas or freeze.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
I see myself at cruising speed drifting sideways in long, gentle curves on empty fireroads covered with untouched virgin powder, throwing a huge wall of roost off the back wheel to each side until I run out of gas or freeze.
Well, if you wanna take the trip up there are plenty of woodland trails around...ill be more than willing to give you a place to crash...

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
@2door...ct doesn't have a helmet law, so I dont wear one...also the only other person around that might be willing to vid me, destroyed his mb avoiding running down some little kid that ran into the road...he dumped his bike on purpose and it was run over by a very nice looking f250...and that was on a day that he went for a run with me so I can get hardware for my motorized bicycle...i feel responsible and have no way of replacing his bike...so no side of the trail videography in my future...plus id want everyone to see the surroundings and not my oooohhh something shiny helmet cam shots...A.D.H.D.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
so i tried to get some more snow footage and failed...the trail i previously shot a vid of is literally packed in with 4 feet of packed icy snow...but not packed enough to withstand the weight...sigh

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
No b.s. I put duct tape around my mag case everytime I go out now...rain, or shine...and yea snow does end up as water...ask me how I know...lol

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I lost my 3rd coil in a month this weekend. It was actually snowing at the time and I was about 7-miles from home. I learned my lesson, and now carry a spare at all times, I just got spooked since this one only lased about 3-days. I pulled the plug, and sure enough: no spark. Pulling off the mag-cover (which I sealed like a maniac with UltraCopper) expecting to find liquified-snowflakes. Lo and behold; the space was BONE DRY. That spooked me more since if the mag wasn't defective I figured maybe the CDI went south and caused it to blow and I don't carry a spare CDI. Well, the replacement is still working. Meh.