ThatsDax kit... ?

GoldenMotor.com

theonlyhek

Jul 20, 2008
Treasure Coast, FL
For the in-frame motor that Duane is selling as a type D engine, does that have significant upgrades over an ebay engine, such as BGF, or PowerKing?

I want a engine that I can fit into a Jaguar from Target, I have looked through this and another site, unmentioned..., I have found that it will fit relatively easily with the frame dimensions. I just want to get a reliable engine that I will not have to patch up every time I want to use it.

Thanks for all your help guys, and girls...;).

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
In the chinese 2 strokes I think they are basically all the same. I have ordered from 3 different suppliers and have had good luck with all of them. The quality control is a little weak, or should I say there is no Quality control, but for this price you can't expect something perfect. The one I purchased from Dax does seem to be a little smoother for what ever reason.

John

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
theonlyhek,

I have bought from a variety of vendors as well.

Duane, (thatsdax), is good to deal with. He answers the phone promptly and is a pleasure to talk to.

I'm not saying that the others aren't...I don't know, I haven't had a reason to talk to them.

I have been looking for a one-stop supplier for my engines and parts, and I chose Dax.

As for the Jaguar...I would highly recommend that you follow my up-coming thread regarding an installation kit for this bike. It is going to take all of the headache out; leaving the owner with a nice engne powered bike that will require only common sense to assemble, and standard maintenance to keep on the road.

Jim

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
my 1st, 2nd +3rd engine were from dax (kept selling the bikes)
all good runners
he is really good on the phone with answers to any newbie questions :)
most sellers don't care once they have your $$$, he isn't like that, or at least, he never was with me :)

donuts31

Nov 9, 2008
Colorado
Dax is good but other vendors on ebay have similar quality, lower prices, and FASTER shipping. If it wasn't for his long ship times, I'd have bought my last 8 engines from him.

theonlyhek

Jul 20, 2008
Treasure Coast, FL
I was looking at the GEN II 50cc Standard, being sold at usabikemotor.com. It has steel lined cylinders and a flange mount carb. I think the difference is 150 for the GEN II 50cc Standard, and 117 for the ThatsDax kit, total price with shipping. Is it worth the 33 dollars?

Thanks!

Attachments

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
Not only does Dax have great kits that come with upgraded tensioners, he's also a great seller to deal with. A fast shipper as well and communication that sets the bar. Thanx Dax....:D

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Let me add that DAX has been doing this since before the internet so he's particularly knowledgeable as to the differences between the engines. There are many manufacturers in China that sell these things so I would assume he's picked a good one.